Corona Labs - Jobs
This position is based in the United States.
Join Corona Labs as we reinvent how the world develops software. We are enabling everyone to create world-class apps for phones, tablets, and other connected devices.
Corona SDK is the leading mobile development platform for building #1 cross-platform games, apps and eBooks. Over 150,000 developers use Corona from indies to game studios, from teenagers to octogenarians, from publishers to agencies. Their apps have consistently hit the top of the charts on all 4 major app stores: iTunes, Google Play, NOOK, and Amazon.
You will help us build out a suite of innovative, scalable cloud services that will be used by millions of consumers. You will manage systems that are tracking and storing huge amounts of data each and every day.
We are looking for a self-starter that thrives in a fast-changing environment and gets things done quickly. You should be able to seamlessly switch between delivering great innovative leaps and steady incremental, compounding improvements. You are fearless when it comes to diving into new technologies. A “full stack” view comes naturally to you. You should be able to visualize your design decisions and their impact on our developers.
- 2+ years experience in back-end development.
- 3+ years experience in systems administration.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP.
- Experience with public facing web API design and implementation.
- Experience with PHP programming, Lua and/or Drupal experience is a plus.
- Familiar with scaling, availability, and performance requirements of large-scale web services.
- Comfortable working with or learning: Memcache, Gearman, Nagios, Flume, HBase, Hadoop, Mercurial.
- Fluent in Ubuntu Linux (or Debian), PHP, AWS (S3, EC2), MySQL (configuration, administration, query optimization), web servers (Apache, nginx), Puppet.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of linux system performance tuning.
- Ability to participate in 24×7 on-call systems support rotation.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to be a valuable contributor to a dynamic and growing team.
- Optimally based in the Bay Area, California, but not absolutely necessary.
What is in it for you
- Opportunity for growth with a startup with unlimited potential
- Ownership and responsibility from day one
- Competitive salary, benefits, flexible environment
- A fun, cutting edge, and friendly atmosphere
Founded in 2008, Corona Labs (formerly Ansca) is a venture-backed company based in Palo Alto. Our team hails from Adobe, Apple, Macromedia, and Microsoft. Last year, Dow Jones named Corona Labs as one of the most innovative startups. The Corona platform empowers developers of all backgrounds to create #1 games, apps, and eBooks for iOS and Android-based devices. In the past 10 months, Corona-based apps have been launched over 1,000,000,000 times.
How to apply
Send an email to: email@example.com with “Backend Engineer” in the subject.
Include your resume and tell us why you think you would be perfect for this job.
We look forward to hearing from you!
backend, linux, mysql, scaling, php, memcache