Corona Labs - Jobs
This position is based in the United States.
Join Corona Labs as we reinvent how the world develops software. We are enabling everyone to create world-class apps for phones, tablets, and other connected devices.
Corona SDK is the leading mobile development platform for building #1 cross-platform games, apps and eBooks. Over 150,000 developers use Corona from indies to game studios, from teenagers to octogenarians, from publishers to agencies. Their apps have consistently hit the top of the charts on all 4 major app stores: iTunes, Google Play, NOOK, and Amazon.
Corona’s Lua libraries are used in games, apps, and eBooks millions of times a day. They provide building blocks that span a wide range of rich functionality such as animation, user interfaces, events, graphics, text, internationalization, and OS interaction.
As an engineer in the Corona frameworks group, you will design and implement new frameworks that enable breakthrough developer productivity. This includes idea generation, prototyping, iterating on the implementation, and polishing them into shipping features. You will also help maintain and improve our existing Lua-based libraries.
We are looking for a self-starter that thrives in a fast-changing environment and gets things done quickly. You should be able to seamlessly switch between delivering great innovative leaps and steady incremental, compounding improvements. You are fearless when it comes to diving into new technologies. A “full stack” view comes naturally to you. You should be able to visualize your design decisions and their impact on our developers.
- A stickler for word choice in describing concepts.
- Ability to visualize the interaction and relationships in code.
- Strong programming and design skills.
- In-depth understanding of Lua. Experience developing apps with Corona is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Desire to be a valuable contributor to a dynamic and growing team.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Optimally based in the Bay Area, California, but not absolutely necessary.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity for growth with a startup with unlimited potential.
- Ownership and responsibility from day one.
- Competitive salary, benefits, flexible environment.
- A fun, cutting edge, and friendly atmosphere.
Founded in 2008, Corona Labs (formerly Ansca) is a venture-backed company based in Palo Alto. Our team hails from Adobe, Apple, Macromedia, and Microsoft. Last year, Dow Jones named Corona Labs as one of the most innovative startups. The Corona platform empowers developers of all backgrounds to create #1 games, apps, and eBooks for iOS and Android-based devices. In the past 10 months, Corona-based apps have been launched over 1,000,000,000 times.
How to apply
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Frameworks Engineer” in the subject.
Include your resume and tell us why you think you would be perfect for this job.
We look forward to hearing from you!
lua, ios, android, corona, frameworks