Before joining Ansca, I gave a presentation at the local iPhone Network Lounge Meetup group on our experiences at Comrade Software porting two of our mobile games from Flash to Corona; by popular request, here are the slides (PDF, 6MB).
A summary: the code transition was really fast, but the assets took a bit longer, mostly because the iPhone screen is big and pretty and its users have different graphical expectations than on the Motorola RAZR, which was our lowest-common-denominator device when we originally did the games for Verizon in 2007.
As you’ll see, I tend to think that the optimal number of words on a slide is “zero” (believe it or not, there’s an entire presentation methodology built around that idea), but I’ve added comments to the area below each slide to explain them a little more. I’ll also be posting more detailed Flash-to-Corona documentation at the Developer Portal.
Posted by Evan. Thanks for reading...