This is it! The first public release of Corona is now available, with a 30-day free trial and an introductory price of $99. The SDK purchase also includes a one-year membership in the Corona Developer Program, which lets you build and release unlimited numbers of iPhone apps during that time (Ansca charges no per-app fees or royalties of any kind). Also, you’ll be eligible for SDK updates throughout the length of your Program membership.
We’ve done a lot of work for this release, both in new features and in laying the foundation for future rapid evolution of the product, and we’re excited to hit this milestone and move ahead! Some of what’s new:
- New Corona project format supports external code libraries, including user-created libraries
- New “UI” and “Sprite” framework libraries, for easy button and movieclip creation
- “Movieclip” sample project to demonstrate movieclip functionality
- Native iPhone UI alerts; more native UI features to follow shortly, including keyboard support
- Full LuaSocket support for network access
- New sample code demonstrating image loading over the Internet
As always, you can talk to other Corona users in our developer forums.
Posted by Ansca Mobile. Thanks for reading...