A couple weeks ago, we announced the public prerelease of Corona Game Edition.
Today, we’re rolling out some key improvements to Game Edition:
- Numerous bug fixes! All the SDK fixes are now rolled in, and we’ve paid special attention to Android, previous gaps in the sprite API, and physics API issues.
- Enhancements to existing features, including an improved OpenFeint API, laying the foundation for further social features.
- A new “gameUI” library, for easy cross-platform sound effects, cross-platform fonts, and the ability to make any physics objects multitouch-draggable with just one line of code (see the new “Multipuck” sample).
- Custom font support for both iOS and Android.
- A new welcome window that provides easy access to common development tasks such as opening projects in the Simulator, starting a device build, running sample apps, and viewing documentation.
We are also pleased to announce official Corona support in Zwoptex, the popular sprite-packing tool. With this export format, you can now use any of Zwoptex’s efficient packing modes. In our tests, this often reduces texture memory sizes by 50% compared with our previous sprite API! In addition, sprite sheets are now easier to construct — see the new “Horse Animation” sample project.
Posted by Hetal. Thanks for reading...