Tim is back with the second installment of his “Game in 8 Minutes” series!

This time, he takes about 10 minutesĀ (I know, I know…) to add more balloons, better physical reactions, and even multi-touch to the simple game he created in part 1. Download the source files for this tutorial.

Let Tim know what you think in the comments below — he reads them all the time!
Also, he says he will be making a part 3 for his balloon game, so keep an eye out for that.

11 Responses to “Make a game in 8 minutes with Corona (Part 2)”

1. J. A. Whye

Great example of how using friction in the physics engione can really make for a more realistic experience.

Thanks for this series — it’s great for those of us who are just diving into Corona. I’m looking forward to the next one.

Jay

2. Dave

Great job Tim! Really enjoying the series and I’m looking forward to part 3.

I’d skip the background music in the next part. I found it really distracting and it was drowning you out in a couple spots.

3. Carlos M.

Thanks!
    I just can’t believe how simple Corona is.
    But, I’d like to see physics joints video tutorials in the future, I’m having a hard time positioning the joints, specially using the sample apps code.

4. JLuna

I hope it’s not too much to ask, but it would be really nice if you also uploaded the assets, so that we can follow along with the tutorial.

5. Bayani

I personally noticed that I needed to create a larger amount of “bounce” for the balls to see as much effect as in the tutorial –

Also noticed a few code clean-ups through-out. Does this make any significant difference, or just overall cleanliness?

6. Dylan

How do you do the physics thing with the balloon when it is in hybrid, to square and rectangle pieces? If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

7. dylan

can anybody help me find a way to use shake to trigger an event, some ample code? thankyou