* Update, 01/15/2011: Here’s a quick video of Bubble Ball in action:

23 Responses to “App of the Week (January 9, 2011): Bubble Ball”

1. carlos

Congrats to Nay Games for their app of the week win !

And big high-five to Robert, the creator of Bubble-Ball, as he is only 14 years old.

Carlos

2. J. A. Whye

I think the best lesson you can learn from this game is to not let something stop you from making a game. I know a LOT of people who wouldn’t have released this game unless there were “professional quality” graphics — probably me included.

And yet the gameplay isn’t sacrificed at all — and shouldn’t *game*play be king in a game?

Nice job, Robert!

Jay

3. Ruben

Wow, 14 years old, amazing job Robert!
    And I think J.A. is right, it’s not just about professional graphics (see all the Doodle series, or hey, the Wii, it was a huge success even if PS3 and Xbox360 had much better graphics)…
    The most important thing is probably the concept and how much you believe in what you’re doing

4. Fender

Inspirational! Great job, Robert! Makes me want to get off my rear and get some games going….of course now I can’t since I am constantly playing your game.

5. Qash

WOW! and HOW? My mind starts to ponder, how on earth can I develop my own game?! Im no game developer neither programmer but I have concept for a beautiful game product. Is there anyone can help me to kick start my game development… I wanna attach this game with my up and coming movie production :) have a beautiful day guys!

6. Danielle

I knew Robert was smart from school, but I didn’t know about this!! Great Job Robert!! Im proud of ya!!

7. kvantum

Just want to point out that the link on this blog post to “Android Market” actually points to the wrong “bubble ball”, something in Chinese.

Also, knowing that I’m far from the only one not able to install it, this game won’t even show up in the market if you don’t have android 2.2, and manual install will also fail

8. kvantum

Correction: Looks like it’s the right app at that link, but they grabbed the screenshots from the other, Chinese “bubble ball”

9. Android Captivate