It’s been an exciting past week for us here, at Ansca!

In between all the hoopla around Bubble Ball, we also moved to a new office, ironed out some last minute show-stoppers, waited for the Apple approval process on three apps with new Corona SDK features for iOS (in-app purchases and universal binaries), monitored our servers as the traffic load increased astronomically — it goes without saying we have had a really busy week, and I still don’t see any signs of slowing down.

Of course, I’m not complaining one bit! ;-)

Without further ado, for all you Android developers who have been asking for Corona SDK on Windows, here is something you’ll probably like:

I thought about what the best approach for the rest of this blog entry ought to be and, after thinking about it, Walter and I decided to host a webcast to address questions that you may have. You can ask us about anything — our new pricing subscriptions, our new Corona SDK beta on Windows, upcoming releases, upcoming features, our future roadmap, and any other question about Corona or us in general. The webcast will be this Friday, January 28 @ 11:00AM, Pacific on Connect Pro.

On top of all that, we are very excited about what we still (additionally!) have in store for you in the coming months, and I wholeheartedly thank you for putting your trust in Corona SDK and our company, as a whole. We have not forgotten about daily builds, the open bug base, and a few other features I mentioned late last year — those will be out in the next few days.

I also want to share that we now have a new subscription model. Corona SDK Indie iOS, just for iOS builds, is now $199 a year. The Corona SDK Pro (both iOS and Android) is now $349.00 and Corona SDK Indie Android will be $199 when available. See our subscription page for further details.

And, as always, if you need to reach me for any reason, you can always drop me an e-mail.

28 Responses to “Corona SDK is now on Windows.”

1. barkbark00

I imagine that decent segment of us “faithful mac users” have day jobs where macs aren’t used. This will let me test/code at work, which is pretty cool!

2. Seth Gholson

Very exciting stuff! I’m excited to feel like I’m jumping on this Corona SDK train still early on. I feel like you guys have many more tricks up your sleeves still to come…

3. Josh

VERY COOL! I’m glad the iOS only package is up! I didn’t have much interest in porting to Android in the near future anyway! Good news indeed! And can’t wait to see those new features get released!

4. carlos

Thanks everyone ! Be sure to tune in to our webcast on Friday to learn more about where we are headed with our Corona SDK

Carlos

5. live0les

I just bought a macbook pro on today for this awesome program and you released a windows version, lol.

6. Nick

I downloaded the trial version of Corona yesterday, and I must say, it’s awesome. Very nice job. I am reluctant to buy the full package though only because I am a Windows user. Will there ever be an option to develop for both iOS and Android on Windows? Right now that’s the only roadblock preventing me from signing up for a subscription.

7. codepunk

I took this thing for a little spin a few days ago and was rather impressed with it. Wrap it into a browser plugin and I am onboard. I want the option to publish to the web before investing any time building a published game with it.

8. Richard

Will the student license include the windows version? I’m a student and windows user.

Thanks

9. Stephan

Will there ever be an option to develop for both iOS and Android on Windows? I know someone else already pupped the question, but I dont see an answer?

many of us have adobe flash licenses that only work for Windows, so it is not so easy to just switch to mac. It will be very expensive in other licenses.

10. Carlos Icaza

@stephan @michael: no iOS building from Windows. Restriction from TOS from Apple EULA.

@richard: student pricing should work for windows.

Thanks all for the great feedback.

Carlos

11. chavsraul

any plans to support android honeycomb features? like fragments? wider screens? etc.
    thanks

12. Edwin

What database does corona support when it comes in iOS and android platform??

Thanks

13. Alex

I Thought that I would mention that the windows version workd perfectly under WINE 1.3 on Ubuntu 10.4 (linux) so now all of you linux programmers can work on your beloved linux.

14. chay

Firstly I appoligise for my ignorance but I cannot find an answer:
    I am a Windows user and will never ever move to a Mac, with that said does that mean I will never be able to make / create / amend an app using corona? (whether it be android)
    If I am wrong and creating an app for android using the corona sdk free version to test it out please could someone tell me where the heck I am to find the editor
    Any help is greatly appreciated for a 1st time devolper