As our Corona Community expands, we get more and more people asking us how to get started with building their first app and learning the ropes. Of course, there’s always been great tutorial sites likeĀ LearningCorona.com and even a few professors teaching classroom courses about Corona SDK around the world, but those don’t always work out for some folks (bloody geography!).

So now, you can get instruction straight from the people who know Corona best — us! :-)

Now, we have an “Official Ansca Mobile Corona SDK Training” regimen that you can attend online at your leisure. Specifically, we have two courses — Corona 101 (“The Basics”) and Corona 102 (“Building to Your Device”) — that will help you get your feet wet with instruction on a multitude of key foundation aspects of Corona. And, of course, we’ll be adding more courses to the repertoire in the future.

For details on each course, click the screenshot below:

23 Responses to “New to Corona SDK? Get schooled now!”

1. Sanne

Will there be more advanced courses? …I’d like to learn about boosting performance, managing memory, working with classes, coding efficient and optimal ways of creating/deleting objects. Working with sprite sheets, dynamic generated objects, advanced physics, retina and stuff?

2. David Rangel

@Sanne We will be adding more advanced courses over time. If you have any specific ideas for courses you would like to see, please email us at training[AT]anscamobile.com.
    Thanks.

3. Marc

Shouldn’t it be part of the basics (help manual) provided to help subscribers (even test drivers) to take full advantage of the product that you are offering?
    That would be one more step for a better user adoption.

I have nothing against paying for value, but I don’t think that this pricing strategy fits your product well.

It comes down to the equation : how many people will pay for the service vs how many will become paid subscribers if they can learn how to use Corona quickly and efficiently.

4. David

@Marc These courses are 1 on 1 and it wouldn’t be remotely feasible for us to provide them to all subscribers. But we are thinking of having more regular webinars, that many people can log into and get some of the basics. That would make complete sense to have as a free service for subscribers.

We will hopefully be able to get that soon. Thanks for the feedback. If you have any more ideas around training, we’d love to hear them: training[AT]anscamobile.com.
    Thanks.

5. Ertzel

Oh, so these are one on one teachings? The way its posted made it seem like its like a pre-made video or something teaching it that we would get access to.

6. David

@Ertzel, You are absolutely right – that isnt clear from the blog post or training page. We will update to make it clear. But yes, there are one on one courses (over Skype most likely) and on a schedule that works for you.

7. Neovive

@David: As a new subscriber, I would definitely think official training videos would make it easier to get started. I also didn’t realize these videos were one on one training — now the price makes more sense :).

8. Mark

Hi,

Yeah at first I thought there was no value here but for 1-on-1 training that’s a pretty sweet deal.

Are there any plans for a video training session on lynda.com or something similar. With a walk-through of some games or something?

That would be awesome :)

9. troy nall

how about specialized video for using external modules ?

specifically -
    passing variables to to an external module.
    using these variables form with the external modules
    saving the results as a table from within the external module
    and then accessing the table from the above external module.

10. richard9

Uh…maybe this is just me, but I don’t see pricing for these courses. There is pricing for the hours of support bit, but none here…

Not particularly interested in the courses yet, but…

11. Al

I’m trying to buy the $200 basic course but the buy button takes me to a shopping cart with the support packages. I can’t seem to find a way to buy the course.

12. David

@Al – we just noticed that we did not update those links. Thank you for letting us know. We will update asap and let you know. Thanks!

13. David

@Al – this is now working correctly. Our apologies. Be sure to refresh the page in your browser.

14. pielago

hi
    i am new to corona so far using the tryout .looking for training classes like this but for android but i see corona is more for IOS..does any body know where i can get android tuts training etc..? i am using windows 7 and i really want to buy corona but i need to see more info for android.can someone guide me where to go!!

15. cp

Is it possible to purchase one on one training by the hour for topics other than just the basics? My needs fall somewhere in between 101/102 and the $750 worth of support! I have been trying in vain to find someone to hire that would help me through things, but am not having much luck. I’d be happy to sign up for the one or two hour skype sessions if I could simply ask my questions. Not to complain, but the documentation seems to be outdated (understandably, given the fast pace of development for the SDK) As soon as I learn one technique, it’s been deprecatd in favor of another. I love Corona, but the lack of organized or cohesive support makes it much more difficult than it has to be….

16. David

CP, thanks for your comment. I am sending you an email directly in a few minutes.

17. CP

David, Thanks so much. I’m really looking forward to some structured guidance! It would be great to see some kind of online “Corona U” offered in the future!

18. John Jo Ong

I wish you will add course for building business apps. because i think the courses you offer focus on building games. i want to build an app like food delicacy and flower pedia like app. i hope to see some new courses soon. ^_^