Please note – We’ve extended the submission deadline to Sunday, November 17 at 11:59pm PST. We’ve edited the piece to reflect this change.
Last week we launched the Public Beta of Corona’s Graphics 2.0 engine, enabling you to produce cinematic-quality graphics in your apps. Since launch we’ve been hinting at an elusive Graphics 2.0 contest and we’re finally ready to announce the details.
We invite you to unleash your creativity: use the functionality of Graphics 2.0 in your app or a demo, and you could win a Corona Enterprise license or an iPad Mini!
Whether you’re creating unique shapes, strokes or images, applying filter effects, or developing never before seen 2.5D effects, we invite you to participate! For inspiration, check out these samples from one of our talented Graphics 2.0 Beta testers.
Awards and prizes
We’re looking for incredible demos of Graphics 2.0 in various app genres – from games to business apps to eBooks.
|Most Creative Use in a Game Demo||Corona Enterprise license (worth $948) OR iPad Mini (worth $329.00)|
|Most Creative Use in a Business App (Non-Game) Demo||Corona Enterprise license (worth $948) OR iPad Mini (worth $329.00)|
|Most Creative Use in an eBook Demo||Corona Enterprise license (worth $948) OR iPad Mini (worth $329.00)|
|Best Use of Shader Effects in a Demo||iPad Mini (worth $329.00)|
How to submit
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A short description of what you have built.
- A 10 second video (a private YouTube link is fine) showing the effect(s).
- A sample project that we can run to see the effect(s).
- Please tell us whether we have your permission to make the source code public (which we encourage!).
- Limit to three (3) entries per person.
- Any existing or original content made with Corona SDK can be submitted.
- Demo must use one or more of the new Graphics 2.0 APIs.
- Please note, by participating in the contest you are authorizing Corona Labs to use your video in marketing materials as needed.
- Deadline to submit is Sunday, November 17 at 11:59pm PST.
We’ll share the winning entries on the blog so keep an eye out!
This contest is open to Corona SDK Pro and Corona Enterprise users. If you’re currently a Starter subscriber, now’s a great time to upgrade!
Posted by Inna Treyger. Thanks for reading...