During this week’s Corona Geek Hangout, Corona Ambassador, Sergey Lerg introduced us to using the Go programming language and Google App Engine in combination with Corona SDK. Sergey walked through server side Go code that stores data in a Google Cloud Datastore using NoSQL. We also looked at a Corona code project that displays the returned data in an app that can be built for any of the Corona supported mobile platforms. Sergey’s examples came from a real world project he’s working on for a client. With big cloud players like Google and Amazon battling it out for developers, now is the time to learn how to leverage cloud in our apps.
- Sergey Lerg on Github
- Lite IDE for Go development
- Online editor to Play with Go
- Coronium Cloud
- Paypal and Kiip plugins (email info at gremlininteractive.com to join the beta)
- Maddie Bear Books
Thank you for listening to and following Corona Geek:
- Download the Corona Geek podcast on iTunes
- Listen to Corona Geek on Stitcher
- Subscribe to Corona Geek on YouTube
Posted by Charles McKeever. Thanks for reading...