May 14 to July 12, 2013
Yes, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, the ability to create a game with the world famous cartoon engineer, Dilbert.
You will get a chance to build a mobile game, featuring Dilbert, using Corona Labs’ Corona SDK.
The Dilbert comic strip is known for its humor around the vices, follies and day-to-day shortcomings of the white-collar office working environment we can all relate to. Now you can take this world famous character, create a cross-platform game with Corona SDK and submit it to Corona Labs to see if you win a chance to demonstrate your game (via videoconferencing) to Scott Adams. Yup, that Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert.
And who knows what might happen next?
Our judging panel of Corona Labs experts will be looking at innovation, enthusiasm and overall quality of the submitted game.
- Make a Dilbert game using Corona SDK or Corona Enterprise.
- Game should take place in the Dilbert universe and have content rated at an ESRB “E 10+” or MPAA “PG” rating.
- Please no offensive, vulgar, obscene language or actions, alcohol, tobacco or firearms, unlawful goods and services or other disruptive content that would be contrary to an office working environment.
- You can use any of the Dilbert artwork provided at these URLs:
- Games created with Dilbert Artwork and Character Names are only for the purpose of the Corona Labs Dilbert Game Jam and cannot and must not be distributed outside of this contest.
- Games created for this contest can be utilized outside of the Corona Labs Dilbert Game Jam for other purposes as long as they do not include Dilbert Artwork or Character Names.
Once you are ready to submit your game (before July 12!), send us a private link to a 3-minute (or less) video showing the main aspects of the game to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you for your project files if we want to take a closer look.
- Contest will launch May 14 and finish July 12, 2013.
- Winners will be announced July 19, 2013.
- Grand Prize: Demo your Dilbert Game to Scott Adams via video conferencing.
- The top 10 entries will receive full 1-year Corona SDK Pro subscriptions (a $599 value).
- The top 50 entries will receive $50 iTunes gift cards.
- We will have a judging panel of gaming and mobile industry experts.
- Judges will look at innovation, enthusiasm and overall quality of the submitted game.
Corona Labs is committed to respecting your privacy. By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to provide Corona Labs with your name, email address and other information as required to register as a user of Corona SDK. To learn more about Corona Labs’ privacy practices and terms and conditions please visit http://www.coronalabs.com/privacy-policy/ and http://www.coronalabs.com/terms-and-conditions/.
- All Contestants must sign up using the form at http://coronalabs.com/dilbert/.
- Contestants must use Corona SDK or Corona Enterprise to create their game.
- Download Corona SDK here: https://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/corona-sdk. Note: if you are not an existing user, you will have to register.
- Contest open to participants worldwide. All national and local laws and regulations of the resident’s country of residence apply. Contest is void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.
- No purchase necessary. Corona SDK Starter allows you to build and publish apps for free.
- Entrants must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Game must display the Dilbert Intro Splash Screen at startup. You can find the splash screen in the Dilbert Art repository (http://www.coronalabs.com/dilbertart)
- Games may include additional Dilbert artwork available at:
This contest is subject to the complete rules and terms of Contest found at http://www.coronalabs.com/dilbert
Corona Labs Dilbert Game Jame – Contest Rules
2. You are eligible to participate in the contest if you have registered at: http://www.coronalabs.com/dilbert
3. Contestants must use Corona SDK or Corona Enterprise to create their game. Download Corona SDK here: https://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/corona-sdk
4. No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning. Void wherever prohibited.
5. You must speak, read and understand English and you must be aged 18 years or over or you must obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before you participate in the contest. If you apply to register for the contest, if you contribute to the contest or once you are registered or if you accept any contest prizes, you accept these rules.
6. The contest is open to participants worldwide. All national and local laws and regulations of the resident’s country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. The contest is void wherever else it is restricted or prohibited by law.
7. We may refuse your contribution at our discretion.
8. Corona Labs provides you with access to a variety of resources on CoronaLabs.com including communication forums, documentation, download areas, code samples, videos, blogs, articles and contests (the “resources”).
9. You agree to submit games to the contest (“games”) under the following conditions:
Corona Labs does not claim ownership of your submission to the contest in form of code, content, artwork or any other materials you submit. By submitting your application created with Corona SDK, you are granting Corona Labs, its affiliated companies and its partners the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights:
- to publicly perform or display, broadcast, transmit the game in whole or in part, for promotional and marketing purposes worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to distribute (directly or indirectly through multiple tiers) the games to Corona Labs affiliates, its marketing agencies and to third parties for these purposes, and
- to publish your name or alias in connection with this contest and your application for marketing and promotional purposes worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
10. Your entries to the Contest may be available to other participants and to ensure they are safe and freely usable by other participants, you warrant that:
- you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for you to provide the games and grant the rights described above and you do not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of a confidentiality obligation;
- your games do not contain any viruses, worms, spy ware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer; and
- your games are not subject to license terms that require any software or documentation incorporating or being derived from your games to be licensed to others.
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any contribution that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
11. Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest games.
12. Corona Labs is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Corona Labs is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
13. You may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification. If minors are allowed to enter and a prize is won by a minor, all required documentation must be signed by the parent/legal guardian. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Corona Labs’s discretion, be selected. Physical prizes awarded for the winning games will be sent to participants within six (6) weeks from the date of the notification email or confirmation of the winning participant’s physical address, whichever is later.
14. Prizes are personal to the participant submitting the winning contribution and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes are subject to availability and they may change at any time and Corona Labs may award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
15. The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes. The winner shall be solely responsible to obtain all permissions and authorizations to collect and receive the prize in accordance with the laws of the participant’s country of residence. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws.
16. Acceptance of the prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
17. Corona Labs does not provide any warranty on the prizes. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Corona Labs specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
18. We may, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your rights, if you breach these rules or if we reasonably believe that you have submitted a contribution in violation of these rules.
19. Corona Labs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time for any reason.
20. You can withdraw your contribution at any time by notifying us. If a contribution is withdrawn your rights to win a prize in this contest are lost.
21. These rules apply to your contribution and the resources, unless we provide any items to you under more specific terms, in which case those more specific terms will apply to the relevant items. We may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules can be reviewed on the CoronaLabs.com website. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules.
22. Our only responsibilities with respect to the contest are set out in these rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
23. For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Corona Labs by sending an email to email@example.com or by participating in the contest discussion forum at http://forums.coronalabs.com.
24. If Corona Labs improperly denies you any prizes, Corona Labs’ entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
25. If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Corona Labs which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Corona Labs reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.