Take advantage of Corona’s super-fast workflow
Corona Editor offers Corona developers a very capable, yet lightweight, IDE. We believe an IDE is only as good as its text editor, so we have chosen to make Corona Editor a plugin for Sublime Text, the best text editor out there.
Corona Editor makes editing your project a breeze:
- Debugger: Set breakpoints and inspect variables.
- Snippets: Get help with syntax and coding conventions.
- Code completion: Save time for all APIs and constants.
- Docs: Bring up APIs directly from your code (public release or daily build docs).
- Launch: Run the current app in the Corona Simulator from Sublime.
For full information, see the Package Control page for Corona Editor. Corona Editor is a work in progress – see the Contribute section below for how you can help.
To use Corona Editor, there are 2 steps:
- Install the Sublime Text Package Control plugin if you don’t already have it.
- Choose: Tools > Command Palette… > Package Control: Install Package.
- Find Corona Editor by typing in the search field, click on it to install it.
- Restart Sublime Text or reopen any .lua files to see the new features.
Note: you can download the code from Github if you prefer to install manually.
Corona Editor is a work in progress, so we want you to be involved in three ways:
- Vote! If you have feature requests, please add/vote here.
- Discuss! Tell us what you think in our Corona Editor forum.
- Get your hands dirty! The code is open source, so download it from Github. We are very open to contributions.