Corona SDK Tutorial: Google Maps in one line of code

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0

It wouldn’t be very polite of us to throw a bunch of new features at you without at least showing you how to use some of them! πŸ˜‰

So, Evan has put together this quick demonstration of how you can add Google Maps to your app using just one line of code. The video also shows how to easily utilize map markers, position lookup, address lookup, and other geo-location features in your Corona-made apps…

…So, what feature would you like to see a tutorial for next?

This entry has 16 replies

1. Red Dot Inc says:

Brilliant work guys πŸ˜€

// red.

Red Dot Inc //

2. Gareth says:

This is going to come in very handy and make map based applications fun πŸ™‚

Thanks for the tutorial!

3. Eduardo says:

Very nice feature!

I would like to see how can we use “In App Purchase”. πŸ˜€

4. iWalter says:

Can’t wait to check it out after I get home from work. This was actually the #1 feature that I was waiting for.

5. Ignacio says:

Facebook! How about you show us how to replicate functionality of the old sample to have a game post a prepared message to the user wall, that was destroyed with the new update? Having people type up their old messages it’s really not the way to go for games (for some apps sure, but not games).

6. Garet says:

I doubt they kept that functionality. According to Facebook terms everything posted to the newsfeed MUST be user posted (I was just trying to do when using facebook login on my site).

There is workarounds, but since it’s against their terms it may not be a good idea.

7. Very nice! That’s great for apps based on places!

8. Armon says:

I tried exactly whats in the video and it doesnt work, any suggestions onw hat i may be doing wrong? or does my version matter?

9. zetoun says:

does mapview allow to move/drag/click a marker ?

10. Any idea when/if this will be available for Android?

11. Can we run this on android powered phones?

Please let me know.

• Rob Miracle says:

Yes. There is a Maps Sample App you can use to try it out.

• Wait, you CAN run and deploy on Android devices?! I thought it was iOS only? Lemme know!!

12. Hey wow, you can sort of!!!

13. Alan Feng says:

One quick question, I see “Maps not supported in Corona Simulator”

So that means I MUST use iOS or Android DEVICE to test out my code during development process, I don’t know about iOS, but for Android, I need to build an .apk and upload to my Android device every time to debug and to see the features I coded.

It adds up to a huge amount of time in this code -> upload -> debug loop, while the reason I choose to develop with corona is to leverage the agility of Corona.

Is there a better way to do it?