Friday Night Forum: Hooray for events!

These past couple weeks have been crazy, what with the first-ever #CoronaHackathon last weekend and the first-ever Corona meetup in Chicago last night. We’re always thrilled to get out of our cave every once in a while and see the faces of people who inspire us to keep on making Corona SDK the best mobile app platform on the planet.

Nevertheless, we still must ask…

What would you like to see
at a future Corona event?

This includes geographical suggestions too. We’re all ears… :-)

Share this post....Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0
hetal

This entry has 17 replies

1. More events in the bay area, at least once a month just to meet new people. How about a mini-hack-a-thon. Everyone just meets at a location and programs and helps each other out.

2. Jerome82 says:

I would love to see Corona out here in Denver, if you guys are ever travelling back to SFO and stop by at DIA….?

3. Come visit sunny Florida! Or anywhere within driving distance of Tallahassee and I am there!

4. Jayant C Varma says:

More Border Collies?

5. Ben Mc says:

Seattle an option? Would love to talk with other devs about creating graphics and sounds for games. Techniques, tools, finding people to do it, etc.

6. Dave Yang says:

How about a meetup here in Toronto during Screens (http://swfoo.com/?p=444)? Darren will be giving a workshop and talk on Corona. If the Corona team arrives in style (dress as border collies?), we’ll have a party for sheeps. :)

7. Jorma says:

Less events and more bug fixing and features for the SDK please…

8. Thomas Vanden Abeele says:

Uhm. The capital of Europe, Brussels, perhaps?

9. Eiswuxe says:

I know its impossible to organize anything here in germany, so I am not going to ask for that here. But if there are any like-minded corona devs around here in germany, we could still meet up and talk every now and then. Just contact me at “info AT eiswuxe DOT de” :)

10. Josh says:

@Jerome82, I was gonna say Denver too :) Because Grand Junction is a bit out of the question.

and +1 to more Border Collies. Or cows.

11. Ian says:

NYC

12. Ken Ibrahim says:

Santa Monica!! 😉

13. Walter will be in NY sometime end of October. If you guys want to setup a meetup in NYC lets coordinates time frames so that Walter can join you guys. I will let Hetal coordinate that.

@Dave Yang : There is a good chance I may be up there or Screens.

@Chris : I was just in Miami, and I grew up in Miami. So next time am there visiting family we can coordinate a meetup.

US/Canada Coronaites: If you can pull off a 50+ attendees group one of us would show up.

Carlos

14. Ange says:

Nothing in Tokyo? :)

15. J. A. Whye says:

I know it’s not Friday anymore, but I’d most like to see the Chugach Mountains out the window at a future Corona Event. :)

Other than that, how about an “open mic” type session. 60 or 90 seconds to show off something cool that you’re working on. Either a full game, a cool-looking effect, etc.

Jay

16. W2MD says:

Santa Monica/Venice Beach. I know you guys could use a little southern california sunshine now and then.

-Matt