As an engineer in Corona’s Core Engineering group, you will work on the Corona engine. The Corona engine powers all of the company’s mobile and desktop software — including Corona SDK, Corona Enterprise, and CoronaCards — so your work will have a deep and fundamental impact on the company.All Core Engineers could be tasked with designing an API which would have to be implemented across all supported platforms (Windows, macOS, iOS, tvOS, Android) and planned platforms. This adds an additional requirement: we aim to have engineers who have good knowledge of one platform, decent knowledge of a second platform, and some understanding of other platforms we support.
- Enjoy thinking about high-level architecture as well as infrastructure development and feature implementation.
- Set the bar high for your code, but know how to take calculated shortcuts that minimize code entropy.
- Have a keen sense for when to figure it out alone and when to solicit answers to critical conceptual questions.
- Have a deep desire to fix things that are broken, but also know when it’s time to move on.
- You are comfortable context switching, seamlessly alternating between delivering.
- At least 3 years of highly relevant experience.
- Strong programming, design, and debugging skills.
- Passion for product quality and attention to details.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- Cross-platform software development experience; development experience on runtimes or tools is a plus.
- Experience with C/C++ is required.
- Experience with iOS/Objective-C and/or Android/Java is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing on OpenGL is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lua and/or Lua’s C API is a plus.
- Self-directed with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Excellent English.
- Opportunity for growth in a startup with unlimited potential.
- Working in a company with the headquarters in San Francisco (USA).
- Competitive salary and performance bonus (based on sales).
- Young and friendly team.