10 April 2013
Found: The Most Interesting Developers in the Universe!
On April 1, Walter announced a new initiative here at Corona Labs. We were on the hunt for the most interesting developer in the universe. As the applications poured in, we discovered not just one, but three, fascinating developers in the Corona-sphere!
One such developer, Jason Schroeder, was onto us. He wrote in:
Ok, so not everyone was fooled, but we’d still like to share a few of our favorite submissions. We were equally impressed by Daniel Williams’ entry:
Lastly, we can’t forget about Raphael Salgado who shared a whole five dazzling reasons (we’re especially fond of #4).
- PocketGamer and Touch Arcade pay me when they write front-page reviews of my games.
- Apple emails me a “Ready for Sale” notification, before I’ve even uploaded the binary.
- My app unfragments the entire Android ecosystem.
- All the app stores give me a 30% cut of their 30% cut.
- My video game trailers are directed by Steven Spielberg and James Cameron.
Based on the submissions, we see that we have a number of impressive friends in the Corona community! We’ll be awarding the top three submissions (those listed above) with a 3 month Corona SDK Pro license. For all who entered, we’ll be adding an extra free month to your Corona subscription as well.
Thanks to those of you who played along and shared your creativity with us!