22 February 2016
New public release: 2016.2830
We are pleased to announce the availability of public release 2016.2830 for Corona SDK, Corona Enterprise, and CoronaCards.
With this release, both OS X and Windows desktop builds are out of beta. Several people have even had their apps greenlit for publishing on Steam! In addition, our tvOS support moved into beta state and several people have already ported apps to the tvOS app store.
Corona Simulator improvements
This release also improves upon the Corona Simulator’s interface, providing you with an even better experience. The big new feature in this regard is the Simulator console window. Previously, we used either the OS X “Terminal” app or the Windows “Command prompt” to output Corona console messages. Now, the built-in console window takes on this role and offer some exciting new features, including:
- Both errors and warnings are highlighted for quick reference
- Easily search for text using the built-in search feature
- Choose from several color themes to suit your preference
- Jump to an error or warning in the log by clicking/selecting its message in the bottom panel
- If you choose to build and copy to a tethered device, the console log will show messages from that device
Other additions and changes to this release include:
- Android builds now support Android 6 “Marshmallow”
- Windows, OS X, iOS, and tvOS game controller support; on Windows, support for both DirectInput and XInput; on OS X, support for both HID and MFi controllers
- iOS device builds now target the iOS 9.2 SDK
- 3D Touch support for supported devices like the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- Corona apps now respect the “Auto-Rotate” setting on Android
- New texture loading/management APIs
- Graphics V1 compatibility is now deprecated and may be removed in a future release
As with each new public release, we continue to forge ahead, introducing new core improvements to make Corona better and enhance the Corona developer experience. For a complete list of additions and changes to release 2016.2830, see the release notes.