01 June 2016
Introducing KIDOZ, a COPPA compliant monetization plugin
KIDOZ provides developers of kids’ apps with tools to generate revenue via a COPPA compliant ad network. If you create apps for kids, you know it can be difficult to monetize — many ad providers aren’t suitable for kids’ apps and they show ads which are irrelevant or inappropriate. Because kids are less likely to click on content that does not interest them, developers don’t achieve the results they want. KIDOZ solves this problem by showing content that kids want, with customizable content widgets that developers can integrate to fit their brand and specifications.
In addition to being COPPA compliant, apps using the KIDOZ netword qualify for inclusion in Google’s Designed for Families program.
To implement the KIDOZ SDK, first register for a KIDOZ account. You will be given a publisher ID and a security token that can be used for all apps and platforms. After integrating the KIDOZ plugin in your app, you will be able to add it within the KIDOZ developer dashboard.
Like other Corona SDK plugins, remember to include KIDOZ in your
build.settings file and
require() the plugin in your
main.lua and other Lua files as needed.
KIDOZ has some unique ad types. They include:
- Panel View — A view that can slide in/out with minimal impact to the user experience.
- Feed View — A button which will reveal a full screen of ads.
- Flexi View (Android only) — A small interactive view which hovers over the screen content.
- Banner (Android only) — A standard 320×50 banner ad that can be shown at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Interstitial (Android only) — A standard full-screen ad.