20 September 2016
Splash screen contest now underway
Feedback on the new Corona Splash Control plugin is steadily pouring in. So far, one of the over-arching sentiments is that the design and layout could be better.
With this in mind, we think the community should have the opportunity to show off its graphic design skills in a contest! Basically, we’ll let you submit your own splash screen designs and make them available for the community to vote on. Keep in mind that we are still working out the details on what the winner will receive and how the voting will take place, but you can start submitting your entries starting today.
Now for a few important guidelines. To keep things focused, your submissions should:
- Be sized at about 2000 pixels on the long/tall side, and also be scalable down to around 500 pixels on that same side
- Fit an approximate 4:3 aspect ratio
- Contain the Corona logo either in its color form, or in a black and white theme
- Be visually appealing when placed on a black background
- Be designed to yield a smaller converted file (remember that this image would be added to the app binary by default)
Beyond that, the design is flexible. Don’t limit yourself beyond these few technical specifications.
To get started, you can download the Corona Labs Media Kit which contains
.eps files to work with.
Note: For the winning entry, Corona Labs reserves the right to alter the image as necessary to make it work with our products.
If you want to participate, please email your images to
email@example.com. Let your talent shine, knowing that your design could potentially be seen every time a user opens a game or app made with Corona!