23 February 2017
Corona Marketplace Contest: Simple Game Templates
NOTE: The contest deadline has been extended until Friday, April 7, 2017.
Corona Labs invites you to participate in our next Marketplace contest! This time, your mission is to build a simple game template — code, art, and audio that can be used by other Corona developers as a template/foundation for their dream game. Entries will go into the Corona Marketplace for others to download and modify (see below).
The game should be “eye-catching and simple” — think of games like Flappy Bird or 2048 where the mechanics are very basic but the game is challenging. Many of the most successful games were built around the concept of simplicity and the ability to just “jump right in” and play.
- All templates submitted through our Submit a Product form from February 23, 2017 until April 7, 2017 will be eligible for this contest. Please review our Vendor FAQ to learn more about the submission process.
- The game must load and play in the Corona Simulator — do not include features or plugins that require building for a device. For this contest, the focus is gameplay.
- Your product, if approved, will be offered for sale before the deadline — it simply needs to be submitted before April 7, 2017 to be eligible for the contest.
- All candidate submissions must be available for permanent inclusion in the Corona Marketplace.
- Corona Labs reserves the right to use submissions for promotional purposes.
- If you (the developer) no longer intend to maintain the template for any reason, Corona Labs reserves the right to “adopt” it and continue to maintain it.
Grand Prize – Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones + a higher revenue share for your product for 6 months (85%).
Runner-Up Prize – A higher revenue share for your product for 6 months (85%).
Honorable Mentions – In case we need to recognize any other solid submissions that didn’t quite make the cut; a higher revenue share for your product for 3 months (80%).
Of course all recognized products will be featured (with the green “Featured” banner) in the marketplace.
Ready, Set, Go!
Get those creative juices flowing! If you need any clarifications about this contest, please ask in the Corona Forums. We’re excited to see what you come up with!