31 January 2018
Corona Roadmap 2018
Our engineering team would like to take this opportunity to share with the community our development goals for the year. Product roadmaps can be unpredictable. While items may be added, removed or postponed, the following roadmap should give you a general sense of what our plans are, with the understanding that they are subject to change without notice.
These are estimated start dates. In most cases, we hope to start and complete the items during their listed quarter, but some items are large projects and will span multiple quarters. Also there is no implied order for each quarter — some items toward the end of each quarter list may be finished before items near the beginning are even started.
- Continue working on implementing HTML5 builds
- Better support for emitters when added to display groups
- Android API level 27 support
- New Android sound subsystem based on modern APIs
- Improve Appodeal plugin
- Auto-click masks
- Marketplace 2.0
- Animation plugin
- Rebuild internal statistics system
- Open source Lua frameworks like timer.* and transition.*
- Improve Live Builds by adding console logging
- HTML5 to public beta
- Support arm64 architectures
- Investigate Linux builds
- Move the Android build system to Gradle based
- Move the Plugin build system to Gradle based
- Investigate wireless install for iOS, tvOS
- Revenue-share version of the AdMob plugin
- Explore Windows Universal Builds
- Amazon IAP improvements
- Per-vertex meshes coloring
- Optimize touch events.
- Tile engine support
- Text rendering plugin
- Open Source efforts
- Explore the Nintendo Switch platform
- iOS Offline builds from Corona Simulator
Corona is a tool for you and at Corona Labs we value your feedback. Feature requests are recorded and tracked at http://feedback.coronalabs.com and we look forward to you visiting that site and voting on features that are important to you. We will continue to evaluate features requested by Corona developers and we may alter the roadmap as we get more feedback.