App of the Week: Space Missile Command

Space Command icon
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+3Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0

Space Command iconWhile our last space-themed App of Week was the lovably quirky Aliens Abducted game, this week’s selection is an action-packed adventure for shooter game fans. Space Missile Command was recently featured in the US App Store’s “What’s Hot” category and is quickly rolling in glowing reviews.

Powerful weaponsA brilliant mash-up of the classic Asteroids and Missile Command games, Space Missile Command challenges you to stop an asteroid invasion from destroying sacred planets.To blast the waves of asteroids and protect planets, you navigate a joystick around the screen and fire away. As you earn scores of points and power-ups, you’ll climb the officer ranks from a 2nd lieutenant to a four-star general. Beyond the rock-solid gameplay, the classical soundtrack and stunning special effects enhance the game to create an addictive experience.

Space Missile Command is offered in a free light version, as well as $.99 download from the App Store, for advanced gameplay and additional levels.

Inna

This entry has 9 replies

1. Congrats Mo!

2. Mo says:

INCREDIBLE NEWS! I had a smile on my face all day! Thank you so much. Just a quick note that both version (free and paid) are the same. The free version is ad-supported.

THANK YOU!

Mo
    @LairdGames

3. Al says:

It looks like a nice game.

But I want to know does any App you will post here in the blog has been made USING CORONA?

4. danny says:

Well done Mo!

Keep it up 🙂

5. Mo says:

Thanks guys! I appreciated. It took the all CoronaLabs community to pull it off so I am grateful!

Space Missile Command is 100% Corona SDK!

Mo
    @Lairdagames

6. Mo says:

It will not be fair If I did not mention Ricardo Jorge, the super designer behind Space missile Command amazing game ICON and the very slick game UI (buttons, joystick, gun-cross and so on)

Trust me, with my graphical design abilities (stick figures..) Space Command would NOT as polished! So a BIG (no HUGE) thanks to Ricardo! (which by the way is also a app developer in addition to his amazing graphic design abilities:)

His Android game: GEODS

His web site is in Portuguese (but you can Google translate)

And here some of his work on game UI

This little shoot out is the LEAST I can do for his unlimited patience all these months!

THANK YOU Ricardo!

Mo

ps: oh, and he is VERY cool guy!

• Wow, thanks a lot for that. I’m really thankful for your kind words.

And congratulations for the popularity and great reviews of your game, you really deserve it.

Will wait for your next games, he he.
      Good luck,
      Ricardo Jorge

7. Norbert says:

WOW. Great game.
    Good work, Mo !

8. Mo says:

@Ricardo: The least I could do Ricardo! Thanks a million again!

@Norbert: thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

Mo

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">