07 October 2015
New Public Release: 2015.2731
Today, we are shipping a new public release (2015.2731) for Corona SDK, Corona Enterprise, and CoronaCards.
A major theme for this year was new platforms. With this release, we spent a lot of time in the plumbing, so that we could have a solid foundation to support Mac Apps and Win32 Apps (currently in beta).
Here are some highlights on what’s new in this release:
- OS X and Windows Desktop App builds (beta).
- iOS device builds now target iOS 9.0 SDK.
- Workflow/productivity improvements to device build dialog on OS X Simulator (see figure below)
- Windows: Added basic support for native TextField and TextBox.
- Manual texture loading/management via TextureResource objects.
Check out the release notes for a full list of features and improvements.