11 February 2016
Featured app: Hoppy Naut
One such 2D game, recently released by Tony Godfrey of Shark Apps, LLC (@tonygod in the forums!), brings you the adventures of Hoppy Naut.
Hoppy Naut is a side-scrolling, jumping game. Explore ever-changing landscapes and alien towns as you jump over obstacles, attack creepy-crawlies and try to earn some coins and gifts as you move along through the world.
The game features:
- 30 characters that can be earned by collecting coins or as in-app purchase
- Six different worlds to explore, each with its own soundtrack
- Leaderboards and Achievements for Game Center, Google Play and Amazon GameCircle
- Analytics using Flurry plug-in
- Opt-in incentivized ads using Vungle and Fuse plug-ins
It took Tony around 7 months, as a one-man shop, to get the game published. He said, “Building with Corona was the easy part of this project. Managing all the information in the app store dashboards and doing the right kind of marketing are much tougher challenges!”
Want to see your app featured here?
Corona Labs is always looking for apps to feature. If you’ve developed an app using Corona SDK, complete our showcase submission form and you could show up in the blog, get a social media shout out, collect some cool swag or more!