24 May 2016
Featured App: Tower Crush – a great new Corona-built game
The great games just keep on coming! This week we want to let you know about Tower Crush, an attractive, well-thought-out, and full-featured game from Cleverson Schmidt‘s one-man indie studio Impossible Apps. Launched on May 18, 2016, it’s a bit early to have earned any accolades, but it’s an amazing example of what can be done in a Corona-built app.
Tower Crush features fantastic graphics and audio. The game supports multiple languages and social networking features. It uses the physics engine, voice-overs, a shop to manage upgrades, player vs. player support, rewarded video ads, leaderboards, and in-app purchases, all in a well-polished package.
Despite balancing a day job along with a wife and child, Schmidt’s endeavor came into being. 56 Lua files and 750 images later, Tower Crush is now a reality. Schmidt estimates that 90% of the code is cross-platform and the other 10% around implementing leaderboards and in-app purchases across three platforms.
Schmidt has written up a blog post describing how Tower Crush came to be. He goes into great detail on his thought process about how to monetize the app.
The game is free with in-app purchases from Apple iTunes, Google Play and Amazon.
With Tower Crush, Schmidt has built a game to be proud of. It’s a great example of what a little bit of creativity and a powerful engine like Corona can build.