25 May 2015
Corona Geek #143 – Hanging out with CBEffects author Caleb Place
During last week’s Hangout we explored the core mechanics of the Ichi game. We covered bumper creation, bumper alignment, physic engine nuances, and one-touch input. As a bonus, the code also included a built in level editor.
Today we hung out with Corona Developer and CBEffects author, Caleb Place to talk about his popular particle effects library. CBEffects melds ease of use and infinite flexibility to create a vastly powerful engine and a completely new way of creating and managing particle effects.
Caleb shared how he got started with programming at the age of 12 years old and why he chose Corona SDK and Lua for development. If you’re new to CBEffects, check out Caleb’s GitHub repo and have fun creating particle effects.
Let’s Play Boom Dot for May!
For May we’re playing Boom Dot for a chance to win a $50 gift card. To participate, share a screenshot / picture of your high score on the Corona Geek Facebook page before the June 1st Hangout.
Replay Last Week’s Show
- Corona Geek #142 – Ichi Game Mechanics, Bumpers, and One Touch Input
- Suggest Hangout Discussion Topics
- Game Development using Corona SDK in 2015 with ASO & Ads ( Use CouponCode CoronaGeek to take this Udemy course for $9 )
- Learn Corona SDK from Dr. Brian Burton
- Get Game Templates, Tools, and Tutorials
- Corona Development Tips and Tutorials
- Watch Corona University Videos
Thank you for watching, listening, and following Corona Geek: