08 February 2016
Corona Geek #179 – The President Wants Students To Learn Computer Science
On today’s Corona Geek Hangout we talked about President Obama’s desire to empower all American students from kindergarten through high school to learn computer science.
We also discussed a new tool Roaming Gamer’s Ed Maurina is creating to automatically generate common types of starter game templates. Signup to be an alpha / beta tester for his project.
And, we continued development of our twin stick shooter game with a look at controlling the firing pattern of a player’s weapons. Download the related twin stick shooter project code and make it your own.
Pro Tip: Search for the text “HANGOUT 179” in the project to follow along with today’s Hangout discussion or jump ahead to next week’s talk on creating mines by searching the project for “purgeEnemies”.
- Forever Lost is coming to Steam. Vote YES to GREENLIGHT the project.
- Learn Corona SDK from Dr. Brian Burton
- Watch Corona University Videos
- Corona IRC Channel
Promote Your Apps:
- Add your app to the Corona Showcase
- Submit your app to be a Case Study candidate
- Share your developer story
- Highlight your Apple TV app
Let’s Meet Face-to-Face:
- Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 22-25
- Casual Connect Europe, February 16-18
- Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, February 16-18
- Suggest CoronaCon Sessions and Speakers
Thank you for watching, listening, and following Corona Geek: