29 February 2016
Corona Geek #181 – Creating Destroyable Game Environments
On today’s Corona Geek, Ed Maurina answered a recent forum question on how to create destroyable game environments. Ed demonstrated three possible solutions with varying degrees of sophistication. The panelist also had some great ideas to share around using shaders, and even excluding use of the physics engine all together.
Download the source code for today’s demo.
Ed Maurina is getting ready to close the door on beta testers for his new tool to automatically generate common types of starter game templates. Don’t get left out, sign up now to be a beta tester and help shape a development tool that will benefit the whole community.
- Learn Corona SDK from Dr. Brian Burton
- Watch Corona University Videos
- Corona IRC Channel
- Play Flappy Fruit Bat on Apple TV
- Learn how Tony Godfrey localized Hoppy Naut for Japanese, Korean, and Russian
Promote Your Apps:
- Add your app to the Corona Showcase
- Submit your app to be a Case Study candidate
- Share your developer story
- Highlight your Apple TV app
Let’s Meet Face-to-Face:
Thank you for watching, listening, and following Corona Geek: