During this week’s Corona Geek Hangout, we talked about COPPA compliance with AgeCheq Director of Game Developer Relations, Tyler Smith. Driving the conversation is the FTC’s recent decision to file lawsuit against Amazon for In-App purchases made by children. AgeCheq makes a simple SDK for Corona so indie developers can create games for kids without having to worry about the headache of creating their own COPPA compliance ecosystem.
Wow, 100 Hangouts!
Next week we’ll be hosting the 100th Corona Geek Hangout as usual. However, to celebrate the recording of 100 great shows, we’ll be hosting a special 101 Hangout on August 4th where Corona Labs staff members will be answering as many of your questions as possible during the 1 hour hangout. If you want to throw your questions into the mix, you can submit questions for the next two weeks. A prize will go to the best question, which will be selected by the regular Hangout panel.
Enter for a chance to win. Submit a question now.
- Corona Geek #98 – Learning Mobile Application and Game Development with Corona SDK
- Localize your apps with mod_localize by Develephant
- Tutorial: Implementing AgeCheq with Corona SDK
- South Korea Defines – Fair Trade Practices
- Apple Reportedly Informed The FTC About Google’s In-App Purchase Issues
- FTC Takes Legal Action Against Amazon For Unauthorized In-app Purchases
- Google Opts for Honesty on Free Apps
- Learning Mobile Application & Game Development with Corona SDK
- Beginning Mobile App Development with Corona
- Plugin Sale at Gremlin Interactive ( Amazon Ads, Chartboost, Kiip, and Paypal )
Thank you for listening to and following Corona Geek:
- Download the Corona Geek podcast on iTunes
- Listen to Corona Geek on Stitcher
- Subscribe to Corona Geek on YouTube